Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday, July 23, 2012


First thing First, I have been wanting to wish Jay a belated birthday for weeks! literally, in the CTM i remember thinking, i need to remember to wish jay a happy birthday. So, Jay Im horribly sorry this is so late, but I hope you had a great birthday!

Now for the rest of the birthdays in July. Happy Birthday Sariah! Happy Birthday Kayla! Happy Birthday Paula!!
Are you all having lots of Birthday parties?

We have our P-days Monday and have an hour to use the internet, but this includes emailing our Mission President and entering numbers, so normally i end up with half an hour anyways. But, we get to print out emails, so feel free to type as you wish! I love hearing the news and seeing the pictures. Thank you Paula and Susanna for the beautiful pictures this week. I cant believe how much Kayla and Hannah especially have grown. Mom, through your letters last week about dads job position changing, was rather funny. The one I happened to read first was how ´`Dad turned in his 2 weeks notice today`` . My jaw almost hit the floor, it was funny. But then I read farther to get the story.

After reading your emails I realized I hadn´t written anything about getting here, which is what all of your questions were about. I had to catch my shuttle with my group at 4:30 am to get to the airport. It was a 1 hour flight to Londrina and then a short ride to the Mission President´s home. From there it was about a 40 minute bus ride to our area.

This week has been really good. We had an all Sisters Training early this week with President and Sister Tavares that was really neat and special. Apparently it was the first time they have had all the sisters for a training together. I´m learning that you don´t have to understand everything to get inspiration and learn from the Spirit.

Im starting to be able to remember names and faces together for most of all our investigators. Im learning to be specific as we pray for each and every one of them and for their needs and challenges. Im starting to really understand things as we teach and talk to people. Im definitely still lost at times and totally miss things, but im learning, and i love this language. I love practicing with our Brazilian sisters in the house. They want to learn English-most Brazilian missionaries do, because it will benefit them after the missions. So its fun learning together. This week, my companion, S Empey celebrated her 9 month mark for her mission. So it was fun celebrating that with her and the other sisters. Which by the way S Empey and her family live in the Pasco North Stake. Not sure if thats the same or different ward as Grandma and Grandpa.

Love you all and hope you´re doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment