Monday, August 6, 2012

I attached a couple of photos for you. The view from our house, our district the last night in the CTM and a picture of some of us sisters at our Training for Sisters I think I mentioned (S. Neves, S. Empey, S. Moura, S. Marques).
 

District 19B at the CTM in Sao Paulo

Sister neves, Sister Empey, Sister Moura, Sister Marques and Sister Bullen

View from Sister Bullen and Sister Empey's house


This week has been really good. We have been having really warm weather and I want dad to know Im waiting for the snow he promissed me. We had some really amazing lessons this week with some of our investigators. One was with an older woman, named Cida, who was a reference from a ward member. Her husband passed away just a few months ago and we taught her the plan of salvation. She really liked it and there was such a strong spirit there. I felt such an overwhelming love for her, because I know that she is a child of God. I pray for her to accept this message, because I know she will receive so much happiness and peace through it. The knowledge that families can be together forever, and that we have a purpose here on earth is amazing. We also had a really good lesson with Eliete. She is amazing, and I think she is progressing. She talks about wanting baptism and she has a desire to follow Christ. We were starting our discussion on the Restoration again (she has been taught by several missionaries) but it ended up being more on the Atonement of Christ. I love the feeling of teaching a lesson and knowing that you can receive help through the Spirit to teach people what they need to know. It seems like we have talked with lots of people this week particularly on the fact that we have a Savior who knows and understands how we feel always. Because he suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane and felt our pains. But anyways, we were talking about baptism and I shared with Eliete an example that I remember from when I was baptized. I don´t remember their last name, but when I was 8 there was a boy Johnathon- and I think it was his Dad who gave the talk- he gave us all 2 pennies, an old one and a brand new shiny one. And talked about how they represented us before and after we were baptised. And I showed this example to Eliete using the equivalent of dimes, but with one little change. I explained to her that she has so much potential, so many blessings to receive. More then a 10 cent piece, she will be a whole dollar coin (because they have these here). Anyways, it was a really special moment and it worked really well.
This week I have been learning a lot on the importance of the ward in missionary work. Its something I definitely never appreciated fully until now. And Im sure I will continue to learn about it for the rest of my mission. So its been good, but a stuggle to learn about how important the entire ward is for missionary work, because we cant do it without the ward. It makes me think of the saying, It takes an entire village to raise a child. Well it takes an entire ward to make someone feel welcomed and to grow in the Gospel.
But it has been a really good week. Im understanding more and more always. But don´t get me wrong, i still have plenty of times where I am lost or don´t understand whats going on. But I am learning patience. This is one thing I learned in the CTM. If you don´t know whats going on, thats ok, your in good hands. ha anyways, I love it.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment