Monday, April 22, 2013


I´m being transferred one more time, but this time it's pretty close, really close.  Sister Butler and I are switching places.  Sister Butler has been having problems with her back and we figured something like this might happen.  Our area is a little bit flatter than their area, so Sister Butler will be companions with Sister Rocha, and I will be companions with Sister Marques.  We´re not totally sure what´s happening, but one of the leaders said sister Marques and I will be trainers/leaders.  That we have a lot of sisters who will be arriving, and will be involved in training.  But we don´t really know.  Ha, really we´ve heard a couple of different stories also about who will stay in what area, etc.  Because our areas are the same name but one is ´A´ and the other is ´B´ they are always confusing the two areas, etc.  So hopefully you´ll know better next week what exactly we´re doing.  Probably I'll move to the area of Sister Marques. 

One of the things that was really special this week was a couple of service projects we had.  One was a lesson/service opportunity we had with a recent convert.  She was baptized about 8 months ago with her two children and she´s a counselor in the Young Womens.  She had to give the lesson in YW the other day on the First Vision, and wanted our help, etc.  So it was a special visit, as we helped her and heard her testimony on the First Vision.  I know the Lord makes us capable to do all that we need to.  I know that Joseph Smith saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ.  Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and that he restored the Church of Christ on the Earth.  I'm so grateful for this and for the blessings we have because of this. 

Haha one other thing I loved this week, is we arrived in 3 Nephi in our reading of the Book of Mormon in our study time.  I love the story that talks about Samuel, the Lamanite, and how he climbed the wall to preach to the Nephites.  I don´t know if I´d have the courage to preach to a bunch of people who had already rejected me...  But I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the blessings that come from reading every day.  Ha, we also read 3 Nephi 6:18 this morning that talks about food storage.  Ha but you´ll have to look it up - time is short!

Love you all!! Have a great week!



This was taken in Londrina the day I arrived to pick up Sister Rocha.  This lake is in front of the apartment
of our Mission Home.  This was the p-day before we met the new missionaries.


 One of the coldest days we've had in the mission.



Some of the glory of packages that arrive in the house.  Sister Rocha received this package.


General Conference (with Sister Rocha).


Our last Sunday of the ultimate transfer.  Sister Ramos, Sister Bullen, Sister Cordoso, and Sister Butler.

1 comment:

  1. I loved her testimony! I looked up the food storage scripture...do you think she put it down wrong or it relates to the principle? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete