Monday, April 8, 2013


To: Mom
So I know my last few emails have been short, but I'm trying to repent and write better this week :)

haha I saw your email, mom, have you been waiting at the email to hear from me today?

I don´t need a water bottle, since we can´t any longer use filtered water bottles.  I bought a cheap one a while ago, but broke this week.  Right now I'm following the trend of missionaries and sporting a once used gatorade bottle :)  (haha you have the excuse to buy gatorade and have the additional advantage of reusing the bottle).

But this week was really good.  I loved General Conference it was amazing.  We had a room in English where the American missionaries watched Conference together (and we have one brother in the ward who´s American).   There were 7 Elders and Sister Butler and I.  It was amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity to watch conference.  It just seems to fly by so fast.  It seems like it wasn´t too long since conference in October...   One of the things I really liked from conference is how (I don´t know who said it) but they talked about obedience and how there is no small commandment.  We should be honest and obedient in all things.  If we want to receive selective blessings, then we will select what commandments.  But if we want to receive all of God´s blessings we need to be obedient in all things.  He said small habits will bring great blessings.  Our attitude won´t change now, we won´t magically become obedient to all things.  We need to live correctly and develop these habits now.

This week we also had a training from a stake mission leader . He talked a lot about our purpose and what we do and compared it to several facts of how Geese fly and migrate together.  One of the things I liked the best that he said is sometimes we waste time complaining about what people may or may not be doing, help we don´t receive, etc.  Then just doing things, or using the people who will help us.  I really liked thinking about this.

Haha this week we finished the book of Alma in our study time this week.  One scripture I liked and thought was really good was Alma 56:27, which talks about how packages from home sustained the army. Haha how true, our packages from home really are miracles :D

We had a really neat experience this week when we encountered a woman in a small park close to the chapel.  We arrived a little early for a meeting, and we decided to make a few contacts. And we met a woman who was suffering really bad from depression.  While I don´t know if she´ll ever decide to visit us at church, it was really a neat experience to see how Heavenly Father led us to her, through little events that helped us find her.  And how we had a chance to express the love God has for her.  That especially with depression, many people won´t understand.  Our Savior suffered and knows exactly how it feels.  We were able to leave a Book of Mormon with her, that I hope she reads.  I know it's one of the things that gives me most happiness and peace in life.  This sacred book is a proof that God loves us and talks to us through living prophets.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment