Sunday, December 23, 2012

Letter - 3 December 2012


Mom, Dad & Family,

I wondered how you'd do with Google Translate, but she was so excited to write you and it sounds like you did pretty good.  We have a Christmas Conference this Friday, where I will get to see Sister Moura and Sister Passos again.  So it will be really great to see them.

It was really touching to read about Don McCumby.  I think I've talked to you before, I've always thought they were such a sweet and special couple.  Please tell them for me how much I admire them.  They live the Gospel.  They are both so kind and always welcoming.  I've always seen them as "the Grandparents of the Ward."  They love everyone and are so full of joy for those living the Gospel with them.

This week, we have been working really hard to find new investigators.  We made 69 contacts.  (
Using our area book we tracked down 69 people.)   There are 5 people who we will visit again this week.  We know there are people out there ready and waiting for the Gospel.  So we want to keep working hard here with our investigators and members less active.

I really liked reading your quotes about Relief Society.  I feel the same way.  We have a family in the Church of people who are watching out and praying for us.

I really love our Branch President and his wife.  They are converts of three years.  They have a desire to help the church grow here and want to do their part.  This branch here definitely has a special place in my heart.  Kent F. Richards (of the Seventy) gave a talk in Conference of May 2011 about the atonement and the healing power of it.  He shared an experience of a girl who at 13 years had a serious surgery......   I love you all and am forever grateful for the prayers and the love.

Love,
Sister Bullen

P.S.  I think we have a member lined up for Skype for Christmas - but will know for sure as it gets closer (and I'll let you know through email).  Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that "I think" we have skype for Christmas would leave me a little worried! That's a must have!

    ReplyDelete