Saturday, December 29, 2012

letter dated 10 December 2012

Mom, Dad & Family,

It's sad to know Don passed away, but I know he lived a good life and blessed many people.  This last week I read a quote that reminded me of him.  I don't remember who said it, but it was in the Liahona, "Someday when we get to the other side of the veil, we want more than for someone just to tell us 'Well you're done.'  Instead we want the Lord to say 'Well done thou good and faithful servant.'"  (Matt. 25:21)  We can live our lives with surety knowing we are doing our part to ensure someday we will return to our Father to hear these words.

I'll have to write and thank Grandma for the check she sent.  I'm so grateful for them and for the family and friends I have supporting me and this work.

I wrote to Susanna and Kevin about a story from our Christmas Conference  She'll have to share with you.  I don't know if you normally share letters or what, but I don't have too much time to write you both everything.  So she'll have to share, it was an amazing Conference.  We had a huge lunch and dessert in the middle of our day and a white elephant gift exchange.  I walked away with a big chocolate bar and sack of hard candy.  I gave away as my present a notebook and candy from the U.S. 

This week I read another confence article, by Elder Lynn G. Robbins, who said "A sweet and obedient child will enroll a father or mother only in Parenting 101.  If you are blessed with a child who tests your patience to the nth degree, you will be enrolled in Parenting 505.   Rather than wonder what you might have done wrong in the Premortal life to be so deserving, you might consider the more challenging child a blessing and opportunity to become more God-like yourself.  With which child will your patience, longsuffering, and other Christlike virtues most likely be tested, developed and refined?  Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?"  I really liked this quote.  I am so grateful to you and Dad for everything you've done and taught me.  You're the best and I love you all.

If you haven't already noticed/read, included is a letter from Sister Gomes which she had me translate.

Love you all,

Sister Laura Bullen

No comments:

Post a Comment